Nourish Oral Supplement, Vegetable & Rice Flavor
Nourish is optimized for pediatrics, is a nutritionally dense, real food, whole food meal replacement and enteral formula. This product is Plant based, gluten free (produced in a facility where gluten is used), nut & tree nut free (produced in a facility where tree nuts are used), dairy free, soy free, corn free, USDA Certified Organic, 100% GMO free, BPA-free packaging. Shelf stable with a two year shelf life.
Functional Formularies® is a nutritionally complete, organic, real food, whole foods enteral formula and oral meal replacement optimized for pediatrics. Perfect for anyone who may be looking to increase daily nutrition. This product is plant based, dairy free, tree nut free, gluten free, soy free, corn free, non-GMO and packaged in a BPA free pouch. Nourish has a two year shelf life without preservatives.
There are a few things we want to make sure you remember when using Nourish as a feeding tube formula.
• For new users: Be mindful, if someone has been on commercial formulas for a while, please switch over slowly. Our formula is real food (imagine that!), and it will take your digestive system a bit of time to re-adjust. We suggest replacing one meal per day with Nourish until the transition is complete. If you don't follow this transition plan, you may experience a bit of gas due to the high fiber content.
• Nourish has a 12-hour ambient room temperature hang time: Functional Formularies recently tested Nourish for microbial activity and there was zero microbial activity after a 12 hour hang time test (conducted at room temperature). This is a 3-fold increase in the hang time that was last tested *(4 hrs). * The increase is simply a function of the company carrying out an extended duration microbial test and is not the result of any changes to the formula.
• Shake well before opening.
• Nutritionally complete meal replacement: Nourish can be served as is.
• Two-year shelf life: The unopened formula can be stored for up to two years at ambient temperature. Do not store in a hot place.
• If storing after being opened, place Nourish in a covered container and hold refrigerated for up to 48 hours but no longer.
• Types of tubes: The formula is pretty thin and does not require straining. It should have no problem flowing through gastrostomy tubes. If using gastrojejunostomy and jejunostomy systems, some dilution may be required, please check with your healthcare provider.
• If you're using a smaller tube and need the formula thinner, place the unopened pouch under running hot water for about three minutes which will thin considerably. Do not place pouch in microwave. Remember, if cool at all, even in an air-conditioned room, Nourish will thicken and become more viscous since it is real food. Also, you may add a bit of liquid in order to achieve desired consistency. Robin mixed it with coconut water when using it for her dad because of the amazing properties of coconut water.
• Not for parenteral intravenous feeding
• Allergens: Nourish is a dairy-free, tree nut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and corn-free product. We strive to produce a low-allergy enteral formula. Although gluten-free and tree nut-free, Nourish is produced in a facility that uses gluten and tree nuts in other products.
• Our single serving bag is 12 oz (341 grams).
|FSA/HSA Eligible||Yes, with Letter of Medical Necessity|
|Ages||1 to 13 years|