Best Creams & Ointments for Healthy Skin Care
Although each possessing its own function—deodorant prevents perspiration, toothpaste protects against cavities, Neosporin heals wounds, and Tylenol treats ailments—a common theme is shared: these items are typically on hand in the home. Some see use twice a day while others may serve their purpose just twice a year. Regardless, these familiar toiletry, first aid, and pain relief are medicine cabinet staples, commonly sitting accessible in households. We customarily don’t wait for a cavity to appear before using toothpaste or a headache to surface before having pain relief on hand, instead anticipating their use at some point, if not daily.
Diaper rash preventatives and treatments are no different, justifiably deserving equal importance as other “medicine cabinet staples”. For those suffering from adult incontinence, keeping stocked on basic necessities - incontinence undergarments for personal protection and bed pads to keep your mattress dry - are part of the day-to-day. Your skin will thank you, in both the short and long term, in not overlooking the additional presence of creams and ointments to have at your disposal for daily use, those “just in case” moments, and anything in-between.
LL Medico offers a myriad of such creams and ointments based on not just individual needs but also preferences. Visit our website for the best creams and ointments to satisfy prevention and treatment-based care. Find options with and without fragrance as well as healers for special cases, such as sensitive and macerated skin. Experiment to find what works best for you, your patient, or your loved one.
• McKesson Skin Protectant Ointment w/ Vitamins A & D - fragrance-free protection to seal out wetness.
• 3M Cavilon Durable Barrier Cream Fragrance Free - long-lasting for wash-off resistance.
• Bambo Nature Love Balm Soothing Cream - a moisture shield, nourishing skin with natural and organic ingredients, which also happen to be vegan, dermatologist-tested, and eco-certified for a triple win!
• Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste - contains the maximum level of zinc oxide—40%— available without a prescription, offering relief in just 12 hours.
Best of both:
• Balmex Diaper Rash Treatment, Scented Ointment - pleasantly scented for an extra fresh feeling.
• Boudreaux Butt Paste Rash Cream - developed from a Peruvian balsam, this lightly scented cream aids in both rash relief and broken skin healing.
• Desitin Rapid Relief - offers relief in just 12 hours like its Maximum Strength cousin, but with decreased zinc oxide and increased protective ingredients, including mineral oil.
• TENA Protective Cream - specially geared towards those with sensitive skin.
• Remedy Phytoplex Z-Guard Skin Protectant Paste - ideal for those with macerated skin.
Reach out to LL Medico today to learn more about the best products for your specific needs!
|About the author|
|Alex Jensen is co-owner of LLMedico.com. His parents started the company in 1993 so he has been around incontinence and medical products almost his entire life. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University with his undergraduate degree in Information Sciences and Technology. When he's not working on LLMedico.com, he enjoys playing golf, trying new beers, and most of all spending time with his wife Heather (co-owner of LLMedico.com) and baby (Ziggy). He also LOVES animals. We have a dog, 6 cats, snakes, and the occasional stray cat and racoons that we leave food out for on our front porch.|