Liquid Hope Oral Supplement / Tube Feeding Formula, Original FormulaBrand: Functional Formularies | SKU: LHWS124-Single |
Buy more and save!
Buy 2 to 3
get $1.00 off each
Buy 4 +
get $2.00 off each
Liquid Hope Oral Supplement - Original Tube Feeding Formula
Liquid Hope is the world's first shelf stable organic whole foods feeding tube formula and oral meal replacement. Robin created this plant-based formula using the Functional Medicine/Food as Medicine model so each ingredient has been chosen for its potential to promote health and vitality and its ability to support the body’s natural immune system.
Functional Formularies® is a nutritionally complete, organic, real food, whole foods enteral formula and oral meal replacement. It’s perfect for anyone who may be looking to increase daily nutrition. This product is plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, corn-free, non-GMO and packaged in a BPA-free pouch. It has a two-year shelf life without preservatives.
This first organic whole food formula meets all food safety requirements and meets all GRAS, HACCP, and CGMPS standards. It is processed in a FDA/USDA registered facility with a USDA inspector on site. SID#: 2013-06-12/001
There are a few pieces of information we want to make sure you remember when using Liquid Hope as a feeding tube formula.
For new users: Be mindful, if someone has been on commercial formulas for a while, please switch over slowly. Our formula is real food (imagine that!), and it will take your digestive system a bit of time to re-adjust. We suggest replacing one meal per day with this organic formula until the transition is complete.
If you don’t follow this transition plan, you may experience a bit of gas due to the high fiber content.
This organic wholefood formula has a 12-hour ambient room temperature hang time. Functional Formularies recently tested the product for microbial activity and there was zero microbial activity after a 12 hour hang time test (conducted at room temperature). This is a three-fold increase in the hang time that was last tested (four hrs).
- Shake well before opening.
- Nutritionally complete meal replacement: This organic feeding tube formula can be served as is.
- Two-year shelf life: The unopened formula can be stored for up to two years at ambient temperatures. Do not store in a hot place.
- If storing after opening, place in a covered container and hold refrigerated for up to 48 hours but no longer.
- Types of tubes: This plant-based formula is pretty thin and does not require straining. It should have no problem flowing through gastrostomy tubes. If using gastrojejunostomy and jejunostomy systems, some dilution may be required. Please check with your healthcare provider.
- If you’re using a smaller tube and need the formula thinner, place the unopened pouch under running hot water for about three minutes. Do not place the pouch in the microwave. Remember, if cool at all, even in an air-conditioned room, the product will thicken and become more viscous since it is real food. Also, you may add a bit of liquid in order to achieve the desired consistency.
- Not for parenteral intravenous methods.
- Allergens: Liquid Hope is free of gluten, dairy, soy, and corn. It is an organic wholefood plant-based product. We strive to produce a low-allergy enteral formula. This product does contain almonds. Although gluten-free, Liquid Hope is produced in a facility that uses gluten in other products.
- Our single serving bag is 12 oz (341 grams).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Liquid Hope Covered by Insurance?
Yes, the product is covered by certain insurance providers like Medicaid and Medicare. Our insurance specialist can assist our customers with the insurance approval process for both Liquid Hope and Nourish.
How Many Calories Are in Liquid Hope?
The first organic feeding tube formula contains 450 calories. It’s packed with nutrients since it’s made of real whole foods, providing maximum nourishment to your loved ones.
What Does Liquid Hope Taste Like?
The plant-based food replacement tastes like sweet pea soup. In fact, you can use the product as a soup base. It also tastes great when made into a smoothie using either pineapple juice or coconut water. Its flavor may change when pureed with additional savory ingredients.
|FSA/HSA Eligible:||Yes, with Letter of Medical Necessity|