• Hand brake adjusts for left or right-hand use and includes a locking feature
• Contoured, cushioned knee rest helps keep injured leg comfortably in place
• Leg bench and steering column adjust to accommodate varying heights
• 8-inch wheels for a smooth ride indoors and outdoors
• Durable steel construction for strength and stability
• Includes a durable vinyl pouch for personal belongings
• Not Made with Natural Rubber Latex
• Overall product weight: 24 lb.
• Weight capacity: 300 lb.
Assembling Your Steerable Knee Walker
- Expand the steerable knee walker by pushing down on the folding metal frame.
- Lock the frame securely into place by rotating the locking mechanism lever clockwise to tighten the quick release clamp, pushing the locking handle against the side of the frame.
- Push the steering column upward until fully upright.
- Rotate the lever clockwise to tighten the quick release clamp, pushing the locking handle against the side of the steering column to securely lock into place.
- Remove the star screw located just below the handlebar and extend the steering column until the handlebars are at wrist level.
- Align the holes in steering column and re-insert the star screw, tightening knob securely.
- Remove the star screw located on the knee bench supporting column. Insert the knee bench post, positioning the knee bench to the appropriate height.
- Align the holes and re-insert the star screw through the knee bench column, tightening knob securely.
- Using the hex wrench (included in package), loosen the hand brake lever to reposition and/or tighten to a more comfortable position. Brake tightness can be adjusted with the nuts at either end of the brake cable. Turning the screw clockwise will loosen the brake, while turning the screw counterclockwise will tighten it.
- Squeeze the hand brake lever and push down the parking brake lock to lock the steerable knee walker. Squeeze the hand brake lever again to release the parking brake lock.
- To fold the steering column down, pull the lock lever away from the steerable knee walker until the lock is disengaged. While holding the lock lever in the down position, fold the steering column down until it rests on the knee pad.
- To fold the frame, pull the frame lock lever away from the steerable knee walker until the lock is disengaged. While holding the lever in place, pull up on the frame until wheels come together.
Before Each Use
- Ensure that the brakes are working correctly. Over time the brake cables may stretch with use and should be adjusted to ensure continued proper operation. Failure to do this may result in injury to the user.
- Ensure all parts are secure and moving parts are in good working order.
- Ensure the seat lock lever and steering column lever are securely locked into place.
- All four wheels MUST be in contact with the floor at all times during use to ensure the steerable knee walker is properly balanced.
- Be aware of your surroundings when operating the steerable knee walker. Watch for safety hazards, such as cords, floor rugs, and other obstacles.
Using Your Steerable Knee Walker
- Place injured leg on bench, centered side-to-side and positioned forward to cover the full length of bench.
- With injured leg on bench, stand as straight as possible (adjust the height as necessary).
- With injured foot pointing down, the propulsion leg should be kept as close as possible to the bench.
- While on your toes, start out with small steps with propulsion leg. Concentrate on keeping that leg next to the bench. With practice, you should be able to move forward without deviating to the opposite side.
Using the Hand Brake
- The steerable knee walker's brake is similar to a bicycle and also has a locking feature. To use the brake, simply pull the lever with your fingertips toward the handlebar.
- To lock the brake, pull the brake lever towards the handlebar and push down on the spring-loaded push button (located on top of brake). When correctly engaged, push button will remain down and brake lever will be locked in place.
- To release brake, simply pull lever towards the handlebar. Push pin will pop up automatically.
✔ Leg bench and steering column adjust to accommodate varying heights
✔ Collapsible steering column and frame for convenient storage and transport