Urostomy Night Drainage Bags
Coloplast’s urostomy night bag helps you enjoy a comfortable sleep. It has a two-liter capacity, an adjustable anti-kink tube, and a fixed connector to work with your urostomy pouch for an effective night drainage system.
With this reliable product by your bedside, you will worry less about needing to empty it as often. Learn more about catheter bags and related medical supplies here.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are the Main Features of this Urostomy Night Bag?
- 2000ml capacity - holds up to 2 liters of urine.
- Anti-kink tubing - ensures urine drains easily. It measures 120 centimeters or nearly four feet and can be adjusted or cut shorter to preferred lengths.
- Fixed connector - enables you to connect the product directly to your urostomy pouch.
- Compatible with Assura, SenSura, and SenSura Mio urostomy bags. Other ostomy pouches may also work with this drainage bag.
How to Connect a Urostomy Pouch to a Night Drainage Bag
- Adjust the length of the tube based on the desired location of the drainage bag.
- Attach the tubing to the bag securely.
- Connect the other end of the tube on the bag to the urostomy pouch.
- Use a hanger or stand for the bag.
You can refer to Coloplast’s video tutorial for this procedure.
Can You Reuse Night Catheter Bags?
Urinary (Foley) catheter bags used to collect overnight urine can be used more than once. To clean reusable urine drainage bags:
- Empty the bag.
- Detach it from the Foley catheter. Then, connect a day or leg bag to the catheter tubing.
- Make sure to remove all urine from the large bag and close its drainage valve.
- Rinse with water. Avoid using hot water because it can damage the container.
You can also use a solution, such as three parts water and 1 part vinegar, to remove odors. Pour the cleaning solution into the bag, shake, and let it sit for 15 minutes or longer. Rinse the bag with water and hang to dry.
How Often Should You Change a Night Bag?
Single-use drainage bags should be used accordingly, while the reusable ones should be cleaned per instructions from the manufacturer or healthcare provider.
For example, regular or large urinary bags may need to be replaced after five to seven nights. For urinary leg bags, they may need to be replaced around the same time or when they get damaged.
How Do You Empty a Catheter Bag at Night?
Learn how to empty the urine collected by the overnight urinary drainage bags. Before you begin the draining process, wash your hands.
- Raise the drainage tube and point it at the toilet.
- Open the valve.
- Drain the urine.
This process can also be applicable to leg bags.
Can You Wear a Leg Bag at Night?
A urinary leg bag is strapped to the leg or thigh and designed for daytime use. Its capacity is also smaller than its nighttime counterpart and must be emptied more often or when it becomes half-full.
The usual practice is to change out of the leg bag and into the overnight one for larger urinary drainage capacity when it’s time to sleep.
We offer a wide selection of medical supplies, like nighttime drainage bags, catheters (Foley and other types), and leg bags from Coloplast. Shop now at LLMedico.com.